Skip to main content

Poem:I'm Done


 
This poem came about months ago after receiving negative comments and feedback about how I choose to live my life. I’m not perfect but the more time goes on, the closer I get to God, the more I want to do things His way in every area of my life. Some people may not understand and I’ve come to terms with the fact that not everyone will understand. I’ve also come to terms with the fact that even some Christians may not encourage you to live by God’s standards; but discourage you by saying “You’ll be single forever, if that’s what you’re looking for” yet I serve the author of time. Even if that will be the outcome God will give me the grace to live it out. Some may think that this comes from a place of bitterness, but truthfully it comes from a place of full blown LOVE…for God and for me!
For those who are making changes in your life based on your relationship with God and who He says you are and what you deserve, you are not alone. Surround yourself with people who encourage and stay far away from those who discourage you from doing what you know is right for you because of God’s word.
Please remember that the more virtue we allow to be snatched from us and our children through what we take in, the worst the next generation will be. So don’t question it… correct it!


I'm done...

I’m done with casting my pearls before swine, in other words even looking at men who don't follow Gods design. You want me, seek Him and... Maybe I'll look your way, until then keep it moving, got no time for child's play. You see I have an assignment to do. To spread His word to the masses not open my legs because you want passion.
 What's your vision?
God showed me mine, you don't know yours that's fine. Seek His face and His will it shall all be revealed, but don't expect me to follow you down a slippery slope for cheap thrills. I was built to be a helper, but if you don't know who you are in Him you won't see what He's placed within only my exterior.
Pretty face , small waist Long hair. Don't care....if that's all you see, then you’re blind and you will never understand the intricacies of Gods divine design. You're attracted to His light that flows from within me. When you seek to impress me with your worldly accomplishments, you forget that my predecessor was heaven sent. Check the records, she was placed in the garden to be Adams helper, and Gods teachings should have been dealt with. So many blame the fall on Eve, but she could not follow where he did not lead.
 After the fall He spoke to us all, so that His teachings didn't just flow through man and for woman's understanding to expand. I'm not saying I'm free from sin, because we all fall short but I'm tired of doing it the world’s way and having to abort the relationship due to disaster; because you wanted to push past the....friendship.
When I look at your life I have to see my future generations, because I was made to cultivate like Sarah birthing forth many nations through Isaac. Not saying you have to be perfect, just show me something that's worth it. You can't be scared to worship...not me but God. You can't be afraid that you're going to look odd. If you can't grow with me then you can't go with me. If you could submit to Him, no woman would be afraid to submit to you.
So I won't apologize for the fact that I'm opposed to your proposed "benefits plan” to shack and be led by a man not fed by His word. No offense to anyone else, but I'll keep my place on the shelf. Some say I'm running out of time and because of my beliefs a man I'll never find...and that's ok because HE who finds a wife finds a good thing. And preparation is key to withstanding... the test of time. I'm being prepared to be the woman God made me to be so that when I get to the stage of being a wife I'll do it faithfully. Regardless of what you say having guidelines doesn't mean I'll be sitting on the sidelines forever. Just means I'm getting better. So if you think I'm just full of speech or a crazy Jesus freak that's okay… it’s NOT YOU I'm being prepared for anyway.😉
 
Anytime you need any encouragement I am just an email away, please do not hesitate to reach out to one of the sources below. Be blessed!
 
        R.T. ~The light that shines through~
For daily inspiration follow me @RTTheLight
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiZLQA01V8NSt6ltwn6uGAfsRfLZMn9g7fvtoSVmc7phBArIklDDkDF9mwXh3bPWNsyybhjL7ALr402iJweVpX5LltIUfLAaUsRtNT5rb50J5h69hwcPhZb_X9aR9kKV28fRAWyjJu8KyIY/s200/social+media.png
© 2014, Robin I. Taylor. All rights reserved. Originally published at
www.about.me/radianttransparency

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life in His Garden

Life in His Garden Then the Lord God formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath or spirit of life, and man became a living being. [I Cor. 15:45-49.] And the Lord God planted a garden toward the east, in Eden [delight]; and there He put the man whom He had formed (framed, constituted). And out of the ground the Lord God made to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight or to be desired–good (suitable, pleasant) for food; the tree of life also in the center of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of [the difference between] good and evil and blessing and calamity. [Rev. 2:7; 22:14, 19.] And the Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to tend and guard and keep it. And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, You may freely eat of every tree of the garden; But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and blessing and calamity you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die. (Genesis 2:7-9

Much Will Be Required

Much Will Be Required Growing up many of us began to discover our gifts, for some it took a little longer to recognize their abilities as gifts. As we mature into adulthood many of us bury the gifts or continue to look at uncultivated gifts as useless.  We hold on to these things in ability, yet we relinquish the call to use them. For God's gifts and His call are irrevocable. [He never withdraws them when once they are given, and He does not change His mind about those to whom He gives His grace or to whom He sends His call.] (Romans 11:29 AMP) Romans 11:29 tells us that God's gift and call are irrevocable. Gifts are things we must choose to receive.  We can choose to use them or not use them, but they will still be there in/with us. If you can sing at an early age and decide not to use your voice to glorify Him, He won't take your ability away because of His word.  Whether we stray or stay on the path it is still ours. The major question for all who are avo

God's Best for Me

God's best for me For God’s gifts and His call are irrevocable. [He never withdraws them when once they are given, and He does not change His mind about those to whom He gives His grace or to whom He sends His call.] Romans 11:29 Amp God's best for me is not a walk in the park or a shot in the dark; but a directed path that's lit along the way. It’s covered by wisdom & discernment not by desperation and desire because all that soon expires. God's best for me was bound on the inside of me, never knowing that it may have to be pulled out. Life circumstances lead me to The Father and that thing that I've done all my life with no bother or second thought just to collect my thoughts becomes part of my purpose. Never thought it would come to the surface to be shared with the world. Like an oyster cultivates a lovely pearl. I held it close as I'd grind on the sand Oops I mean demands of life. Off on my own dreaming of a way to make it happen neve